Chief executive officer
Eleni is an internationally recognized thought leader on commodity exchanges and rural development in Africa. Her accolades include:
- Winner of the prestigious Yara Prize, 2012.
- Winner of the African Banker Icon award 2012.
- Invited to address world leaders at the G8 Summit Camp David 2012.
- Named among New African magazines 2012: 100 Most Influential Africans.
- Listed in the 50 Women Shaping Africa 2011.
- Ethiopian Person of the Year 2009.
She has held senior roles in the World Bank and the International Food Policy Research Institute in Washington.